All downloads fail

Nigel Taylor njtaylor at asterisk.demon.co.uk
Fri Oct 21 09:13:11 EDT 2011

On 10/21/11 13:37, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> I used get_iplayer with success in the past, but for several months now
> it fails to download every programme I try,  with this message:
>
> No specified modes (flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal) available for this
> programme with version 'default' (try using --modes=)
>

> I'm using it on Linux Debian Sid. I've tried with both the packaged
> version and one I downloaded myself (v2.80). Any solution to this?

Hi,

You need to send more details than this to have the problem looked at,
so the possible warning/errors can be seen, from the download.

You need both get_iplayer v2.80 and rtmpdump v2.4, I don't have Debian
sid, but squeeze (i686), for some reason only get_iplayer v2.78 is
available as a package, unlike sid which has get_iplayer 2.80. It
downloads with a rtmpdump v2.4 I built myself even using get_iplayer 2.78.

Nigel