Local Radio - partial files

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 18:40:37 EDT 2011

On 20/10/2011 20:51, bat guano wrote:
> I think I can answer my own question.
> When using FFmpeg to extract the mp3 it throws up a lot of errors about "non monotonically increasing dts".
> So maybe the result won't play well with iTunes etc. without further modification.
> mPlayer method is very safe. ;-)

I presumed that's why mplayer was used, though I wonder if there was
more to it than that at the time.  I did a little bit of testing a
couple of months ago, with an eye to excising mplayer from the Windows
installer.  Even though I consistently got those "non monotonically
increasing dts" errors, the resulting MP3 files sounded OK to me.  I
would hear occasional hiccups, but no way to know if they were related.
  Plus, I only tried 10-12 downloads.  Needless to say, I never got to
the bottom of it, so I left things as they were.