Dud rows of pixels with ffmpeg-static

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 10:17:11 EDT 2011

On 17/10/2011 10:57, Neill Mitchell wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Thanks for digging around. That would certainly explain it. I remember
> seeing the brainfart messages last time, but I'm not seeing them this time.
>
> I tried the static ffmpeg again, but saw the dud pixels again. Very odd.
>
> I've just upgraded Ubuntu and it now has ffmpeg 0.7.2, so I'll try that.
> Failing that, I'll build the very latest from source. I'll let you know
> how I get on!

I should have mentioned that with Ubuntu 11.10, both Ubuntu-supplied
ffmpoeg 0.7.2 and PPA-supplied ffmpeg work OK for me, which is what I
would expect.  Something to try if you're still stymied:  Download an HD
programme with get_iplayer (from PPA) using --raw option, which will
generate a FLV (flash video) file.  Then run "ffmpeg -i <flv_file>" and
"ffmpeg-static -i <flv_file>" and compare the output from the two
commands.  If either version doesn't identify the input file's video
stream as 1280x720, post the "ffmpeg -i" output here and we can see if
something looks amiss.