Distorted AAC audio on LG TV

Dan Ashby dan at slickpepper.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 06:53:55 EDT 2011

Does anyone else have a problem where the audio (particularly in HD
downloads) is at such a high level that it clips? This is particularly
noticable on speech, where it really sounds awful. My TV is an LG
LE5900. I also have an LG BD390 blu-ray player which doesn't clip in
the same way (with the same files), though this doesn't support
thumbnails and seems more jumpy on some of the HD video. I don't
expect anything can be done about it, but I was interested to know if
others had seen similar issues...

Dan