Recording complete - error

Nigel Taylor njtaylor at asterisk.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 06:38:10 EDT 2011

On 10/13/11 08:32, Adrian wrote:
> I keep getting "recording complete" everytime I try downloading from
> list of programmes using i-player, any ideas on how to fix the problem?
> Has the beeb now killed the programme for good?
> Thanks.

Hi,

More details than this are required.

I checked with get_iplayer v2.80, rtmpdump v2.4 on OpenBSD amd64 current.
Both radio and TV lists downloaded, a test download of a selected programme
worked as below. Downloads were working yesterday.

$ uname -a
OpenBSD  5.0 GENERIC.MP#39 amd64

$ get_iplayer --get 517
get_iplayer v2.80, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

Matches:
517:    Planet Dinosaur - 5. New Giants, BBC One, Factual,HD,Highlights,Popular,Science & Nature,TV, default,

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashhd1,flashhd2,flashvhigh1,flashvhigh2,flashhigh1,flashhigh2 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashhd1 mode to record tv: Planet Dinosaur - 5. New Giants
INFO: File name prefix = Planet_Dinosaur_-_5._New_Giants_b015zmr5_default
RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
Starting download at: 0.000 kB
INFO: Metadata:
INFO:   duration              1755.09
INFO:   moovPosition          32.00
INFO:   width                 1280.00
INFO:   height                720.00
INFO:   videocodecid          avc1
INFO:   audiocodecid          mp4a
INFO:   avcprofile            100.00
INFO:   avclevel              41.00
INFO:   aacaot                2.00
INFO:   videoframerate        25.00
INFO:   audiosamplerate       24000.00
INFO:   audiochannels         2.00
INFO: trackinfo:
INFO:   length                43875000.00
INFO:   timescale             25000.00
INFO:   language              eng
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO:   sampletype            avc1
INFO:   length                42122240.00
INFO:   timescale             24000.00
INFO:   language              eng
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO:   sampletype            mp4a
3650.775 kB / 14.24 sec (0.8%)

I see no problems. You need to send more details to the list.

Nigel