AtomicParsley/Win 2.80 tagging changes?

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sun Oct 9 21:49:17 EDT 2011

On Mon Oct 10 01:11:50 BST 2011, Andy Gascoigne wrote:

>I've been watching the recent AtomicParsley exchanges with some ignorance,
>but wonder if any of these recent changes has altered the way it tags
>programmes for the 2.80 update (Windows)?
>
>Previously it would concatenate the title as "show+episodeID" but now I
>just
>get episodeID, even tho the show is correctly tagged under video settings
>
>For example just prior to my update from 2.79 I got;
>
>"BBC Weekend News - 08/10/2011"
>
>whereas post U/G I get
>
>"09/10/2011 "
>
>which is a little vague.... can anyone shed any light on this?

Hi, Andy!
Version 2.80 of the script has introduced an enhanced tagging pattern to
MP4/M4A files, different to the one in v2.79 (and
with it came some incompatibilities, that are now in the process of being
ironed out - see recent thread:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-October/002063.html).
This new pattern makes use of new (2.80 specific)
tagging options.
 Since you are new to 2.80, it is a good thing to generate a copy of the
revised "long help", by running the command:
get_iplayer --helplong > "[pathway of your choice]\Long Help 2.80.txt"
and then have a look at it in your spare time, for what's new...
In the end of this file lie the new tagging options...
 Quick reply: To have the title written in a "2.79 manner", just add in your
commands this option:
 --tag-fulltitle
If you so wish to make this permanent for all your downloads, add it to your
"user options" by running:
get_iplayer --prefs-add --tag-fulltitle

Greetings from "defaulting" Greece,
Vangelis.