Filtering help please

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 09:43:33 EST 2011

On 18/11/2011 13:53, Dr. Curt 'Mex' Nicol D.D. Ph.D. wrote:
>> get_iplayer --type=tv --long --versions=default
>
> Just tried this, unfortunately I'm still getting both audiodescribed,
> and signed listed.

As I said, programmes may have multiple versions, e.g., a programme
broadcast without signing in prime time ("default") and with signing in
the wee hours ("signed").  The command I gave you excludes programmes
that are currently *only* available in audiodescribed or signed
versions, which I presume is what you're trying to do.  If for some
reason you want to exclude every programme with an audiodescribed or
signed version regardless of whether or not a default version is also
available, use --exclude-category with the category values I gave you in
my earlier response.  Not sure why you would want to do that, though.
That would exclude a lot of programmes unnecessarily.