Installer 301 Redirection for Atomic Parsley

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 18:53:03 EST 2011

On 10/11/2011 21:32, Shevek wrote:
> On 10 November 2011 21:21, Shevek<shevek at shevek.co.uk>  wrote:
>> I'm trying to install get_iplayer on my new Windows Home Server box
>> and it is failing to download Atomic Parsley.
> I'm aware of the previous thread (Windows installer fails to download
> atomicparsley) which picks Wininet as the culprit and suggests IE 7 or
> 8 install as a fix.
>
> However this is a fully patched Windows Home Server 2011 box (based on
> Windows Server 2008 R2) which has IE9 on it so is possibly a different
> issue.

I couldn't duplicate this on Windows 7 Pro with the same Wininet
version.  If it stops with last status code of 301, that suggests that:
a) the redirect is timing out; or more likely b) it's baulking on the
BitBucket certificate for some reason.  Perhaps there is some difference
in Home Server configuration responsible, though I don't know offhand
what it might be.

So, I've reversed my previous reversal from that earlier thread and
adjusted the AtomicParsley download URL to avoid redirects.  Re-run the
latest installer and it should download the new configuration with the
updated URL.

To the person who suggested a while back that we should abandon the
installer and distribute a VirtualBox appliance instead:  I think I'm
beginning to warm to the idea :}