Windows installer fails to download atomicparsley

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Mon Nov 7 17:56:24 EST 2011

I tried installed get_iplayer on my windows test system (a fresh
windows xp sp3 install) and the installer failed to download
atomicparsley, reporting a 301 error.

The response from bitbucket to
http://bitbucket.org/jonhedgerows/atomicparsley/download/... sends a
301 redirect to https://[the same], which in turn sends a 302 found
redirecting to http://cdn.bitbucket/org/[same url as the original
request].

I suppose the ideal fix would be for the installer to follow
redirects, but until that works changing the host part of the url for
atomicparsley to cdn.bitbucket.org will fix the problem.

(ok, I could have attached a patch here, but it's so trivial I didn't
bother, sorry!)
(there's also a newer build of AtomicParsley there, but this shouldn't
include anything relevant to get_iplayer - the main change is
probably-better support for >4GB files and I can't see iplayer stuff
getting that big anywhen soon)

Cheers
Jon