playing mp4 files on philips bdp2500

Christopher Woods (CustomMade) christopher at custommade.org.uk
Wed May 25 08:04:23 EDT 2011

> > hi
> > it is a philips BDP2500 blu ray player if i change the file to .mov
> > then i get a 'unsupported video format'
> > message
> > sine it plays mp4 videos how can i just change the sound
> track to ac3
> > or
> > mp3 or anything it supports?
> > thank you

Chris, no need to re-send messages you've already sent to the mailing list.
We all received the previous email (and it's bad netiquette.)

I don't honestly know the answer without doing some research, however the
BDP2500 appears to be a fairly popular Blu-ray player so I would suggest you
search for a Philips user forum or look on videohelp.com,
forums.afterdawn.com or digitalspy.co.uk (for example - there are many other
good multimedia user forums!) where someone probably has more experience
with the formats the Philips player supports.

I do know that the Philips machines support a strange combination of
formats, and do not always support all the formats you would expect. If you
wish to transcode AAC to AC3, you will have to possibly use BeSweet, first
use MP4Box (or the GUI, YAMB) to demux the video and audio streams then
remux again when you are finished.

More detailed advice is beyond the scope of my knowledge, I do not own a
Philips blu-ray player and I do not know exactly what works and what does
not on your device, I'm sorry. Does the Philips support uPnP network
streaming?