ffmpeg output formats.

Christopher Woods (CustomMade) christopher at custommade.org.uk
Mon May 23 09:47:38 EDT 2011

Have you tried PS3MediaServer? http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/about/ - it's
DLNA compliant and my friend uses it to stream and realtime transcode to his
PS3. It might be less fiddly than (IMHO) mucking about with transcoding on
the commandline with get_iplayer (something it was never really designed to
do, although before I get a dozen people rushing to correct me - I'm sure it
can with ffmpeg and all its wonderful components, it's just it's too much
effort for my liking!)

If you want to put together a commandline string, what you'll probably need
is to rewrap the video and audio streams in a format the Bluray player
understands. This is the case with the PS3; iPlayer stuff is standard H.264
video with AAC audio. PS3MediaServer can 'rewrap' (for example) MKVs with
x264 and AC3 on a decently powered laptop no problems.