Fw: What modes should I use to get the highest quality recordingon radio

James Cook james.cook at bluewin.ch
Mon May 16 17:47:41 EDT 2011

On Mon, 16 May 2011 12:34:31 +0100, you wrote:

Hallo CW,

Thanks for your in-depth reply,

For some reason I thought the mp3 would have been better.

This was the case for me because in the old days I had to convert aac
to mp3 to get it to play on ipods ( I only discovered the mp3 feeds in
jan/feb 2011).
Now I use the aac to mp4 conversion we got from shevek - no more
transcoding on my side. Hooray!

So use:
> modes flashaacstd,flashaaclow,flashaudio,realaudio,wma
in an options file
or
> perl --type=radio "Classic Serial" --get --modes=flashacchigh,flashaacstd,flashacclow,flashaudio,realaudio,wma
on the command line.

> perl --type=radio "Classic Serial" --get --modes=flashacc,flashaudio,realaudio,wma
probably does the same thing - highest quality first.

For most shows I use flashacclow - for music flashaccstd.

JC