HD streams convert automatically after download...

Lee Grant leeegrant at hotmail.com
Mon May 16 17:23:33 EDT 2011

Thanks everyone,

I've taken bits from all you advice and managed to get the streams I wanted finally.

The string I used was:

get_iplayer ==type=tv --raw --vmode=flashhd --rtmptvopts --swfVfy="http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/revisions/18269_21576_10player.swf" --rtmpradioopts
--force --pid=XXXXXXXX --flvstreamer="c:\program files (x86)\get_iplayer\flvstreamer_win32_latest.exe" --thumbnail

It may not be glamerous but it works.  Occasionially I get:

ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
Download may be incomplete (downloaded about 98.10%), try resuming
INFO: Command exit code 2 (raw code = 512)
WARNING: Retry recording for 'XXXXXXXXX'
INFO: File name prefix = XXXXXXXXXX
WARNING: Your version of flvstreamer/rtmpdump does not support SWF Verification
FLVStreamer v2.1c1
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
c:\program files (x86)\get_iplayer\flvstreamer_win32_latest.exe: unrecognised op
tion `--swfVfy=http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/revisions/18269_21576_10player.swf'
unknown option: ?
Connecting ...
ERROR: HandleCtrl: Ignoring SWFVerification request, no CRYPTO support!

But thankfully I just send the orginal comman off again and the download continues.

Once again, thanks everyone for you help.

Regards,

Lee