radio downloads not working for me...

Jim Jackson jj at franjam.org.uk
Mon May 16 10:17:25 EDT 2011

Dear all,

It's some time since I downloaded anything, and I know there have been
changes. So I downloaded the latest git snapshot from

   http://git.infradead.org/get_iplayer.git

And tried downloading a radio programme.
(I have radiomode = flashaudio,flashaudio1 and type = radio in my prefs)

get_iplayer  --output "/hg/data/Sounds/Podcasts" --get omega
Matches:
11627:  Mike Walker's Omega - -, BBC Radio 4 Extra, Drama,Radio,SciFi &
Fantasy
WARNING: Your version of flvstreamer/rtmpdump does not support SWF
Verification
FLVStreamer v2.1c1
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
ERROR: Problem accessing the DNS. (addr: )
INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
...etc

I've seen a reference to needing to use rtmpdump now. How do I do that?
Just "uninstalling" flvstreamer doesn't seem to get rtmpdump discovered.
I have rtmpdump2.3 installed.

I think I'm being a bit slow here, any help appreciated.

cheers
Jim