Fw: What modes should I use to get the highest quality recording on radio

James Cook james.cook at bluewin.ch
Mon May 16 06:04:36 EDT 2011

On Mon, 16 May 2011 00:38:30 +0200, you wrote:

In the UK highest quality is/was flashaudio which is mp3 - this used
to be available for all programmes, but now only a few radio
programmes come as flashaudio ...
Now flashaac will give the best quality mp4 files - thanks to shevek &
co's code.
I use flashaacstd,flashacclow - there is probably flashacchigh -
someone can confirm this

Outside the UK the best mode is "flashacclow".

So set
--modes=flashaudio,flashacchigh,flashaacstd,flashacclow

Full line would be
>perl --type=radio "Classic Serial" --get --modes=flashaudio,flashacchigh,flashaacstd,flashacclow

To catch programmes that are not available in these modes add these
modes at the end ...
>,realaudio,wma

It's "best" to place these options in the options file in a profile
directory. Here the line looks a little different
> modes flashaacstd,flashaaclow,flashaudio,realaudio,wma

and then the call line is
> perl  --profiledir=THE_DIRECTORY_NAME --type=radio "Classic Serial" --get

JC