HD streams convert automatically after download...

bat guano batguano999 at hotmail.com
Sun May 15 18:39:15 EDT 2011

> From: leeegrant at hotmail.com
> To: get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org
> Subject: HD streams convert automatically after download...
> Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 21:47:40 +0000
>

> Hi there,
>
> I'm new to get)iplayer and I've been searching forums and guides but I've not found a solution to my issue.
>
> When I download a HD stream, It downloads OK in 1280x720 (as an FLV - I can see it as it comes in; filename ends with default.partial) and then get_iplayer automatically converts it to a 640x320 mpg..
>
> The command string I'm using is:
>
> get_iplayer ==type=tv --pid=XXXXXXX --vmode=flashhd --flvstreamer="c:\program files (x86)\get_iplayer\flvstreamer_win32_latest.exe" --thumbnail --force
>
> Is there any command I can add to stop ffmpeg from doing this (or even better, convert it to an avi keeping the original.
>
> Kindest regards,
>
> Lee

For some reason, the full emails aren't getting through.
Bottom half is missing.

Hi
In your post it shows that you're still using flvstreamer.
So it's an old version of get_iplayer, I think.
RTMPDump is used now instead of flvstreamer.

It would be better if you did a clean install with the latest version of get_iplayer.