Downloading HD files

Clive clivebuc at gmail.com
Sun May 15 17:48:10 EDT 2011

On 15/05/2011 09:48, Richard wrote:
> I am having problems downloading HD programmes using get_iplayer on
> Ubuntu 11.04. I am getting the following error message about swf:
> RTMPDump v2.3
> (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
> ERROR: RTMP_HashSWF: couldn't contact swfurl
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf?revision=18269_21576 (HTTP error 301)
> WARNING: Ignoring SWF size, supply also the hash with --swfhash
> Connecting ...
> INFO: Connected...
> ERROR: HandleCtrl: Ignoring SWFVerification request, use --swfVfy!
> Starting download at: 0.000 kB
>
> get_iplayer then downloads 7% of the feed before stopping:
> 67727.472 kB / 209.52 sec (7.9%)
> Caught signal: 13, cleaning up, just a second...
> ERROR: WriteN, RTMP send error 32 (42 bytes)
> ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 96405
> 67887.512 kB / 209.92 sec (8.0%)
> Download may be incomplete (downloaded about 8.00%), try resuming
> INFO: Command exit code 2 (raw code = 512)
>

> It then starts the download again and the following occurs:
>
> WARNING: Stream does not start with requested frame, ignoring data...
> WARNING: Stream does not start with requested frame, ignoring data...
> 138005.104 kB / 199.60 sec (7.6%)
> ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
> 138088.859 kB / 199.92 sec (7.6%)
> Download may be incomplete (downloaded about 7.60%), try resuming
> INFO: Command exit code 2 (raw code = 512)
>
> Then it finally goes into the following loop:
> WARNING: Stream does not start with requested frame, ignoring data...
> WARNING: Stream does not start with requested frame, ignoring data...
> WARNING: Stream does not start with requested frame, ignoring data...
>
> Any ideas?

I run Windows but frequently had exactly the same problems until I d/l
the current version of the perl script. Now I can get HD again with few
problems. Just occasionally I get the same problem but it seems to clear
when I stop the job, delete the partial flv and start again, sometimes
using the --force switch.

Clive