How do I download - A Narrow Sea - from BBC Ulster-Scots web site?

Nic Siddle nicsiddle at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 19:16:14 EDT 2011

The latest episodes of -A Narrow Sea- are available as podcasts on BBC
Radio Ulster and get-iplayer also recognises them. The earlier episodes
are no longer available there, but are still available on the BBC
Ulster-Scots website as embedded audio tracks (eg Episode 1 is at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ulsterscots/library/a-narrow-sea-episode-01). I
have so far been unable to use get-iplayer to pick up this and the other
early episodes. (I have previously managed it for a BBC Mundo video clip
from the website by right clicking on the relevant page, clicking ‘page
source’ and copying the content line into get-iplayer).

I am not technically minded, but can anyone advise me how to capture the
early episodes from the website?I am using get-iplayer in a 32 bit
Windows 7 system.

Message returned is:-

Recording The Following Programmes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00z1ytb - -
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00z1ytb)

INFO: Trying pid: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00z1ytb using type:
livetv

INFO Trying to stream pid using type livetv

INFO: pid not found in livetv cache

WARNING: No programmes are available for this pid

INFO: Trying pid: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00z1ytb using type: radio

INFO Trying to stream pid using type radio

INFO: pid not found in radio cache

WARNING: No programmes are available for this pid

Recording complete

Or:-

Recording The Following Programmes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ulsterscots/library/a-narrow-sea-episode-01 - -
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/ulsterscots/library/a-narrow-sea-episode-01)

INFO: Trying pid:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ulsterscots/library/a-narrow-sea-episode-01 using
type: livetv

INFO Trying to stream pid using type livetv

INFO: pid not found in livetv cache

WARNING: No programmes are available for this pid

INFO: Trying pid:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ulsterscots/library/a-narrow-sea-episode-01 using
type: radio

INFO Trying to stream pid using type radio

INFO: pid not found in radio cache

WARNING: No programmes are available for this pid

Recording complete

Any advice would be welcome
Nic