Getting radio into iTunes and onto an iPhone

bat guano batguano999 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 23 19:43:04 EDT 2011

> Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 23:06:53 +0000
> From: geoff.getiplayer_list at alphaworks.co.uk
> To: get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org
> Subject: Getting radio into iTunes and onto an iPhone
>
> I'm trying to get BBC radio programmes into iTunes and onto my iPhone
> under Windows XP. Now that we can't get MP3s I'm a little confused...

>  Can someone explain to me
> what these AAC files are and why iTunes won't recognise them

Hi
The aac files are 'raw' streams not suitable for iPods/iPhones.
They need to be 'wrapped' in a m4a container.

There's a patched version of get_iplayer by Nick Ludlam that changes
the aac files losslessly to m4a automatically.

Read about it in this thread:- http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-March/000988.html

See if it works OK with your ffmpeg and iTunes and iPhone.