Audo test mp4 file

bat guano batguano999 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 20 11:59:45 EDT 2011

> Searched for a test m4a. There is a m4a test file that works on my cd
> player here:
>
> http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/dsi/en_na/soundTest.jsp
>

> Link to zip containing the test file:
>
> http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/downloads/test.zip

Hi
The nintendo file plays in my second generation iPod shuffle.
Picture is here:- http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9927/shufflex.jpg
I'm amazed because this POS is very picky about what it likes.
Previously I've only been able to play m4a files created using
iTunes or neroAacEnc.

The file created using Nick's method won't work for me.
ffmpeg -i foo.aac -absf aac_adtstoasc -acodec copy foo.m4a

Do you think the problem might be to do with the tagging?
Perhaps some iPods and iTunes won't recognize the way get_iplayer tags the files.
Particularly if they see 'Writing application : Lavf52.103.0 ' when they're expecting
something like 'Writing application : iTunes 8.0.2, QuickTime 7.6'.