Windows Installer?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Mar 18 09:15:23 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 07:10 +0000, Ranec wrote:
> Does *anyone* on the list have experience in making the Windows
> installer?

Not useful experience, no. There is apparently some way to run
Strawberry Perl as a 'compiler' to make it spit out just the files you
need, as dependencies for the get_iplayer script.

I never got that working (and didn't really have the patience to run
Windows for long enough to look harder, since it didn't seem to run
under Wine for reasons I don't remember).

So for the installer I built, I just used exactly the same set of files
that were present in Phil's original Windows installer.

The makefiles in the get_iplayer repository are set up to work that way,
I believe.

If there's still anyone out there who actually cares about the Windows
operating system, it would be really useful if they were to try to make
it easier to build the installer.

--
dwmw2