Automatic conversion of aac to m4a

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 20:47:22 EDT 2011

My Homebrew pull request has been committed, so for any Mac + Homebrew users interested, you can install ffmpeg HEAD as follows:

pull down latest formula:
# brew update

if you don't have ffmpeg 0.6.1 installed, install it in order to get all the dependencies
# brew install ffmpeg

once you have ffmpeg 0.6.1 installed, remove it and install HEAD version:
# brew rm ffmpeg
# brew install ffmpeg --HEAD --ignore-dependencies

The --ignore-dependencies arg will prevent installation of any HEAD versions of dependencies (only pertains to x264 at this time)