Automatic conversion of aac to m4a

Andy Bircumshaw andy at networkned.co.uk
Mon Mar 14 17:22:29 EDT 2011

On 14/3/2011, at 7:30pm, Nic Siddle wrote:

> ...my Sony car radio, which claims to play.aac, will not play those downloaded from the BBC.  It will, however play programmes that I have downloaded, opened up in Audacity and then exported as .mp3s.

We already know that the .acc files produced by get_iplayer are in a broken container.

This is been stated repeatedly on this list, especially in the last 2 - 3 days.

We don't need to keep hearing this!

Saying this only contributes to the "aac is no good" noise promulgated by a crowd who may be over-attached to MP3s.

Try your Sony car radio with properly-muxed AAC files or don't tell us about it.
Of course your player won't play broken .aac files!!

aB.