Flashaudio no longer available for Radio 4?

Magic Cheezer magic_cheezer at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 11 12:14:25 EST 2011

hi,

for what its worth,
I once messed around with capturing some AAC streams

I had troubles getting them to work with my iPod (2nd gen Touch I think) until I did this:
mp4box -add input.aac:mpeg4 -sbr -ipod output.m4a

The main flag required for iP*d compatibility seemed to have been specifiying the :mpeg4
(not just the obvious -ipod)

Maybe give that a try and see if it helps!!

NB you may not need the -sbr flag, depends if the stream is HE-AAC/AAC+ (AAC-LC + SBR), or HE-AACv2 (AAC-LC + SBR + PS)
...even if you don't need the flag, I don't remember if it even makes a difference...

cheers,

mp4box should be available round and about, including here:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/mp4box