getting signed programmes

Andy Bircumshaw andy at networkned.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 22:53:11 EST 2011

On 2/3/2011, at 11:21pm, chris chery wrote:
> On 1/3/2011, at 7:34pm, chris chery wrote:
>>> I find it impossible to download any of the progs in sign language and i get
>>> 'no programmes available for this pid'
>>> I can get 'see hear' ok but none of the other progs with an interpreter signing in the foreground
>>> any suggestions welcome
>>
>> `get_iplayer --versions signed "The Beauty of Books" -g` works fine here.
>>
>> aB.
>>>

> thanks andy
> yes that works fine but i cannot get any of the other programs  using the same syntax
> why not?

No idea, Chris.

You're going to have to give us a little more information.

All I know is that you said you can't get any programmes in sign language, and the very first one I try, picked at random, works just fine. Now you tell me, oh, no, that one works for you too, it's all the others you're having trouble with.

How about you post the PID(s) of some programmes you can't download, that you've definitely tried downloading and you get without signing, and also post a full copy of get_iplayer's output when you try to get one of them. Ideal is if you attach the output as a plain text attachment.

I can't promise to be able to help further with this, but if anyone can assist you then the full output of get_iplayer will make the job easier.

aB.