Cannot play

Ranec get_iplayer at cemery.org.uk
Wed Mar 2 13:35:30 EST 2011

On 2 March 2011 17:33, Jon Davies <jon at hedgerows.org.uk> wrote:
> On 2 March 2011 16:39, Ranec <get_iplayer at cemery.org.uk> wrote:
>> > [...]
>> >
>> > your version of ffmpeg was compiled without the faac library.
>> >
>> Sorry about that, yes, Windows 7, I used the all-in-one installer.
>
> Ah.  I don't run get_iplayer on windows and can't really help you any
> more, sorry. Over to the windows experts...
>
> Jon

OK, some progress.

I got a new build of ffmpeg (source from git) here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayer-win32/files/FFmpeg/
and then got the (built separately) libfaac here:
http://www.paehl.com/open_source/?Convert_Tools:FFMPEG
I had to rename the downloaded libfaac-0.dll to libfaac.dll
then the playing worked.
No idea what else has broken and all the first download had was
ffmpeg.exe (no ffplay.exe for instance).

-R