"perl.exe has stopped working" - Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...

Clive clivebuc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 14:40:10 EDT 2011

Hello,

I have a problem and I hope someone is able to shed some light on it.

I run get_iplayer from the Windows Vista command line. Have been doing
so successfully for some considerable time but just recently, I have
started to get the error message shown in the subject line. I have
get_iplayer v2.79 installed.

The error follows immediately after get_iplayer is launched, usually,
but not always, with a search, for example:

get_iplayer story --type=tv

When Windows times out, I get the next message in a dialogue box with
the only option to Close program. I close the program and nothing
further happens.

If I close the first box early with the Cancel button, I get another
dialogue box, titled:

perl.exe - Application Error

containing the message:

The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000005). Click OK to
terminate the application. I click OK and get a further dialogue box
which tells me nothing more than it has failed and closing that returns
me to the DOS prompt.

Is anyone able to give me any guidance on this problem please?

Thank you.

Clive