Converting files for iTunes

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 11:33:35 EDT 2011

On 25/07/2011 14:16, Arthur Dent wrote:
> So. Back to Mint, and write a short script to batch convert all the .aac
> files and now I'm done!

If you use Windows for iTunes, it might be simpler to do the conversion
there. Grab an up-to-date ffmpeg Windows build from:

http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

If you decide to bite the bullet and update iplayer and ffmpeg on Fedora
to to automatic AAC conversions, my random googling turned up various
flavours of ffmpeg RPMs that should do the trick, if you're comfortable
with third-party sources.  0.7 RPMs should have the secret sauce, and
there are some "0.6" RPMs around that included changes merged from the
post-0.6 ffmpeg trunk.  Debian used such a build.  I think we
established that any merged versions dated after Oct 2010 were OK.  Any
0.6 RPM that indicates it was merged from git rather than svn should be
OK - ffmpeg switched their repo from subversion to git in Jan 2011.