Difficulty saving a video

Andy Bircumshaw andy at networkned.co.uk
Sun Jul 17 19:34:21 EDT 2011

On 17 July 2011, at 22:17, Sam Kuper wrote:

> Third attempt, still unsuccessful:
>

> ./get_iplayer "tv:http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningzone/clips/thermal-imagery-in-the-desert/3204.html"
> --fileprefix="bbc_clip" --modes=flashnormal1,rtspnormal1,subtitles1
> --verbose

I would attempt to get this URL using:
    get_iplayer --url "http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningzone/clips/thermal-imagery-in-the-desert/3204.html"

No harm in showing "--type tv" or "--modes=this,that,other", but keep prefix paths & stuff out of it when posting to the list, unless it has a bearing on the question. "-o . " is better (or just use your default).

I see pretty clearly:
  ERROR: rtmp server sent error
  ERROR: rtmp server requested close

So I don't think you're doing anything wrong.