Errors downloading this evening

Clive roadcone at gmx.com
Fri Jul 15 14:11:57 EDT 2011

On 15/07/2011 16:24, Simon wrote:
> Radio downloads were completely broken for me for a number of days, and
> last night. It looks to be working fine today though. I don't download
> TV so I don't know how it compared.
>

> Regards
> Simon

This evening, so far, I appear to have a quiet truce with the BBC
servers. Most of what I want, I have been able to get. Some things start
very slowly and invariably time out. Those that start well have, so far,
completed. Searching is pants. Searches such as vanity, pall
(Pallisters), ghost and mardle have all failed, returning 0 hits. Using
the pid in the download has, however, resulted in the file. Other
searches, such as falco, have given today's episode but not the previous
ones.

Oops! a Female Ghost has just timed out, restarted, failed, restarted,
failed, restarted - oh dear, it may all be back. Ah, now the other one
is issuing the Warning: Stream error message. Closing the Windows DOS
box, reopening and starting again has got one of them. It is working,
but it is all very fragile.

Clive