Errors downloading this evening

Clive roadcone at gmx.com
Wed Jul 13 17:23:07 EDT 2011

On 13/07/2011 22:08, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 10:05:08PM +0100, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
>> To rule out traffic interference I tried my normal PVR run on a box that
>> terminates almost straight into transit peers and LINX, with no problems.
>> I also ran a custom PVR for ISIHAC, but this time ran into the problems you
>> described.
>
> Although, it's just occurred to me that my normal run didn't include any
> radio programmes, only TV.

I ran a TV download earlier, 90 minutes on flashvhigh and it came down
fine. Radio is problematic. I have spent all evening between two laptops
and have _just_ managed to get two half-hour and one fifteen-minute
programs from R4 and R4Ex and I have tried Windows command line and the PVR.

What I have noticed is that where the stream fails but re-starts itself,
it adds more MB to the file size. So, a continuously failing copy of a
fifteen-minute episode of Vanity Fair, which should be around 20MB gets
to 30MB+ and keeps getting bigger.