Is anyone else's running slooowwwwlllyyy?

Kevin Reilly getiplayer at denali.org.uk
Sun Jul 10 18:36:01 EDT 2011

On 09/07/2011 16:31, Kevin Reilly wrote:

> For what it's worth I had this problem a couple of mornings back and
> switched from my 20Mb Virgin connection to an HSPA connection on a 3G MiFi
> and the speed went UP marginally. It'll be interesting to hear if anyone
> with an ISP other than Virgin is seeing these slowdowns. As far as I can
> cell so far it's been 100% Virgin customers.

It's just taken nearly 40 minutes to download the HD (flashvhigh) version
of Top Gear. Not only was the maximum throughput 3.2Mbps on a 20Mbps
connection, the data was flowing in a very unusual pattern of peaks and
troughs, almost a sawtooth with regular spikes.

	http://www.denali.org.uk/virginmedia/graph.jpg

Something screwy is definitely going on with Virgin's connection to the
back end servers for the iPlayer.

--
Kev