Solution for "get_iplayer is not writable" error when doing --update on Windows

M2 M.2 at
Tue Jan 25 15:43:38 EST 2011

thanx all for the help.
I have edited "" in c:\Program Files\get_iplayer\ by
Notepad++ and removed //line 28 ($0 = 'get_iplayer';)
//saved the file and run:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Program Files\get_iplayer>get_iplayer --update
get_iplayer v2.79, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
   This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use
   This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
   conditions; use --conditions for details.

INFO: Current version is 2.79
INFO: Checking for latest version from
INFO: No update is necessary (latest version = 2.79)

C:\Program Files\get_iplayer>

and --modes=flashhd works a treat. Thanx again.