downloading hd files stalls before complete files are downloaded

Andy Bircumshaw andy at networkned.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 06:59:56 EST 2011

On 25/1/2011, at 10:38am, Shevek wrote:

> On 25 January 2011 10:06, Roger Burton West <roger at firedrake.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 09:57:30AM +0000, Chris Davies wrote:
>>> Actually, you don't (!). Go to the directory in which get_iplayer is
>>> installed and then run the update command again. That should fix your
>>> issue.
>>
>> Given how often this issue and related ones come up, might I suggest
>> simply removing the auto-update code completely? Many many programs
>> manage without it...
>
> I posted a patch which fixes --update for Windows get_iplayer last week:
>
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-January/000711.html

Sorry to appear immodest, but I think mine is better.

See attachment at:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-January/000701.html

I think the update problem affects Linux, too, and I don't think your patch addresses that. If I'm correctly remembering what I had for breakfast a week ago then I did check this, and my one-line fix works. I'm fairly confident it should work for on Windows, too.

I feel a bit embarrassed for not checking that $0 was never used, and also for introducing this issue in general. It seems such a trivial thing, however the showing title correctly in terminal or tmux (or GNU screen??) is so very useful.

aB.