HD playback issue on PS3

Homer get_iplayer at slated.org
Wed Jan 19 14:57:07 EST 2011

spam.mc wrote:

> It looks like files downloaded by get_iplayer prior to 10-Oct-2010
> worked okay.   A file downloaded on the 18-Oct-2010 exhibits the
> double speed video no audio problem when played on my PS3.   So
> something changed during that time.

OK, so either the Beeb changed something (again), and/or the latest
version of ffmpeg causes an issue with remuxing.

Either way, I've found a workaround: I just stream or copy from the
"#TRANSCODE#" folder instead (PS3Mediaserver). Depending on the content,
it can be a bit of a wait, but at least I can finally watch the Beeb's
HD content on my PS3 (and giganomous HD TV) again.

BTW: Although the PS3 does indeed have iPlayer, there's a lot of content
mysteriously missing when accessed on the PS3. So far I haven't managed
to find any HD stuff at all - hence my reason for doing things "the hard
way". Actually, it's the Beeb that seems to go out of its way to make
things hard for everyone else, as I'm sure you're painfully aware. They
should know by now, we get what we want, one way or another.

--
Homer