HD Video Download Issues

Jeff jefro at coolcave.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 05:47:48 EST 2011

Looks like it was just my luck after finding there was a problem with
'Come Fly With Me - Episode 4' to choose  'Human Planet - 1. Oceans -
Into the Blue', because that download also appears to have a problem
in HD.

I've now downloaded 'Episodes - Episode 2' in HD with no problems whatsoever.

However the 'partial' flv file produced when downloading 'Come Fly
With Me - Episode 4' did contain the complete programme and was
convertable (with a bit of fiddling) to mp4 using VLC - although the
file would play to the end in VLC, when I tried to export it directly
to mp4 without any transcoding it didn't work (it maybe had the same
problem as ffmpeg with monotone timestamps).

However I was able to export the video and audio separately as .mp4
files with the export wizard by using a dummy audio/video transcode
respectively and then recombine them with the 'Advanced Open File' by
opening the two files to play synchonously and then save them
untranscoded to a single .mp4.