Windows (re)installation

T Wons twons at wons.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Jan 15 11:59:46 EST 2011

I'm not sure how this relates to what others have done, but the following
seems to have solved my reinstallation problem and all now seems to work OK:

1) Run the uninstaller
2) Remove all traces of get_iplayer, including the .swfinfo file, program
files, program data files, etc.
3) Run the installer
4) Delete all versions of get_iplayer.pl v 2.79 (Windows 7 64-bit keeps one
in Users/User/AppData/Local/VirtualStore as well as ProgramFiles(386))
5) Copy get_iplayer 2.78 to the get_iplayer program directory (included in
the installation as iplayer.pl.old).
6) run get_iplayer --update
7) run get_iplayer --refresh and get_iplayer --refresh --type=radio (not
sure if this is necessary)

At this stage, my installation was working ok and a new .swfinfo file had
been generated. It's still using rtmpdump 2.2d but it sees fine. The slight
problem is that get_iplayer --update stll gives the "get_iplayer is not
writable" error message so any updates will have to be done manually.

A similar procedure has repaired the installation on my XP machine as well.

(Sorry to start so many threads but my replies to the original one seem to
bounce).