HD Video Download Issues

Jeff jefro at coolcave.co.uk
Sat Jan 15 07:12:02 EST 2011

I was encountering a similar problem with exactly the same programme -
although using Get iPlayer Automator for Mac OS (which uses
get_iplayer 2.78 and RTMPdump 2.3) - however 'Come Fly With Me -
Episode 4 (b00xjzmv)' now appears to be completely unavailable on BBC
iPlayer in any format.

I thought I would try it to see if it was just that programme and
instead attempted to download 'Human Planet - 1. Oceans - Into the
Blue' and had multiple tries all to fail, often at 99%.

Here is the verbose log for one of the attempts
http://jefro.pastebin.com/qFMiSsSb

Changing my settings to only use flashvhigh and it's now downloading
fine. I checked the programme on iPlayer and there didn't seem to be
any problems playing the HD version.

I tried it again with Get iPlayer Automator updated to get_iplayer
2.79 and had a similar problem - log at
http://jefro.pastebin.com/BSQfJrja although this took much less time
to fail completely