I can't record *Lost Land of the Volcano*

ZULU zulu.romeotangohotel at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 13 13:28:11 EST 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Philip Gardner" <philip.gardner at asgardpublishing.co.uk>
To: <get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: I can't record *Lost Land of the Volcano*

> On 13/01/2011 17:22, Steve Anderson wrote:
>>
>> You don't have any modes suitable for TV in your defaults - they're
>> all audio. With things set up as they are, you can only use
>> get_iplayer for audio. (This is why I never, ever use the PVR thing -
>> command line all the way.)
> Each to his own; personally I find the PVR very much easier to use than
> the command line. It's no problem to add whatever modes you wish to use,
> and to select the programme types (TV, radio etc).

Absolutely!

I can't seem to get some of the guys to appreciate that not only do I not
understand how to use Command Lines,that as I only have enough vision left
to watch TV from no further away than 30cm I haven't a hope in hell of
learning it now. .
If anyone doesn't believe me, try tying half a dozen crumpled up polythene
bags in front of your eyes and see how well you cope...
Better still leave them there while you try to eat you dinner!

Truly, I'm not whingeing, just trying to explain... :-)

<rant over>

--
zulu