I can't record *Lost Land of the Volcano*

Andy Bircumshaw andy at networkned.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 12:18:54 EST 2011

On 13/1/2011, at 4:54pm, ZULU wrote:
> I have *recording Modes* set to:
> flashaudio,flashaachigh,flashaacstd,flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal,realaudio,flashaaclow

This is a list of the modes you permit get_iplayer to download in.

> When I tried to record I got (pasred from PVR Manager):

> INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
> INFO: Checking existence of default version
> INFO: No specified modes (flashaudio,flashaachigh,flashaacstd,flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal,realaudio,flashaaclow) available for this programme with version 'default' (try using --modes=flashhd,rtsphd)
> ERROR: Failed to record 'Lost Land of the Volcano - Episode 1 (b00mq3p1)'
>
> 1) Why didn't it record?

Because the BBC's iPlayer site doesn't have that programme available in any of the modes you permit get_iplayer to download in.

$ get_iplayer -i "Lost Land of the Volcano" | grep -i modes
modes:          default: flashhd1,flashhd2,rtsphd1,rtsphd2
modesizes:      default: flashhd1=1406MB,flashhd2=1406MB,rtsphd1=1406MB,rtsphd2=1406MB
$

> 2) Now that it thinks it _is_ recorded...how do I try again?

Try using "--modes=flashhd,rtsphd" (as get_iplayer told you) or add one of these modes to your options.
Then use `--get --force`

aB.