get_iplayer 2.79 failure

Nigel Taylor njtaylor at asterisk.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 08:02:56 EST 2011

On 01/13/11 11:27, Roy Bennett wrote:
> [...]
> WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\Documents and Settings\Roy
> Bennett\Desktop\iPl
> ayer
> Recordings/Shaun_the_Sheep_Series_2_-_7._Hair_Today_Gone_Tomorrow_b00p7l7d_
> default.partial.mp4.flv via RTMP
> INFO: skipping flashhigh1 mode
> INFO: Trying flashhigh2 mode to record tv: Shaun the Sheep: Series 2 - 7.
> Hair T
> oday, Gone Tomorrow
> INFO: File name prefix =
> Shaun_the_Sheep_Series_2_-_7._Hair_Today_Gone_Tomorrow_
> b00p7l7d_default
> RTMPDump v2.2d
> (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
> Connecting ...
> INFO: Connected...
> ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
> INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
> WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\Documents and Settings\Roy
> Bennett\Desktop\iPl
> ayer
> Recordings/Shaun_the_Sheep_Series_2_-_7._Hair_Today_Gone_Tomorrow_b00p7l7d_
> default.partial.mp4.flv via RTMP
> INFO: skipping flashhigh2 mode
> INFO: Trying flashstd1 mode to record tv: Shaun the Sheep: Series 2 - 7.
> Hair To
> day, Gone Tomorrow
> INFO: File name prefix =
> Shaun_the_Sheep_Series_2_-_7._Hair_Today_Gone_Tomorrow_
> b00p7l7d_default
> RTMPDump v2.2d
> (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
> Connecting ...
> INFO: Connected...
> ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
> INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
> WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\Documents and Settings\Roy
> Bennett\Desktop\iPl
> ayer
> Recordings/Shaun_the_Sheep_Series_2_-_7._Hair_Today_Gone_Tomorrow_b00p7l7d_
> default.partial.mp4.flv via RTMP
> INFO: skipping flashstd1 mode
> INFO: Trying flashstd2 mode to record tv: Shaun the Sheep: Series 2 - 7.
> Hair To
> day, Gone Tomorrow
> INFO: File name prefix =
> Shaun_the_Sheep_Series_2_-_7._Hair_Today_Gone_Tomorrow_
> b00p7l7d_default
> RTMPDump v2.2d
> (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
> Connecting ...
> INFO: Connected...
> ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
> INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
> WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\Documents and Settings\Roy
> Bennett\Desktop\iPl
> ayer
> Recordings/Shaun_the_Sheep_Series_2_-_7._Hair_Today_Gone_Tomorrow_b00p7l7d_
> default.partial.mp4.flv via RTMP
> INFO: skipping flashstd2 mode
> ERROR: Failed to record 'Shaun the Sheep: Series 2 - 7. Hair Today, Gone

Hi,

It's rtmpdump that is failing, try upgrading rtmpdump or use the latest
flvstreamer as an alternative, get_iplayer is a frontend to rtmpdump/flvstreamer
it these that do the real work of downloading programs. Your using rtmpdump
v2.2d, below I used rtmpdump v2.3, works fine on OpenBSD amd64 current.

$ get_iplayer --get 485
get_iplayer v2.79, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

Matches:
485:    Octonauts: Series 1 - 4. The Walrus Chief, CBeebies, Audio
Described,Children's,Entertainment & Comedy,Learning,Pre-School,TV,
default,audiodescribed

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashvhigh2 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashvhigh2 mode to record tv: Octonauts: Series 1 - 4. The Walrus
Chief
INFO: File name prefix = Octonauts_Series_1_-_4._The_Walrus_Chief_b00v8qzn_default
RTMPDump v2.3
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
Starting download at: 0.000 kB
INFO: Metadata: