re Subject: Solution for windows users

Kevin Reilly getiplayer at denali.org.uk
Sun Jan 9 06:41:39 EST 2011

On 09/01/2011 00:28, David Woodhouse wrote:

> Yes. It's a crappy workaround for a bug in rtmpdump. Just fix rtmpdump
> instead.

Ah, but we Windows users care not for such distinctions. We just keep
piling on the crappy workarounds until it does what we want. We learned
that from Microsoft ;)

FWIW this latest summary 'fix', i.e. grab the latest get_iplayer.pl and
delete the .swfinfo file, seems to have worked for me at least on the
couple of programmes I've experimented with. I've now gone back to
rtmpdump from flvstreamer.

--
Kev