Get iplayer on windows...

Andy Bircumshaw andy at networkned.co.uk
Sat Jan 8 19:15:48 EST 2011

On 8/1/2011, at 10:12pm, fs ck wrote:
>> 3) there is a solution for windows users, and this is what you need to do...
>
> It's been gone over quite a few times on this list but the real
> solution has been clouded by people understandably not deleting the
> .swfinfo file, ...
>
> * Delete the .swfinfo file (search for it)

According to anon.poster173, in his message posted Sat Nov 20 04:03:26 EST 2010:
  In vista I found this at c:\users\<my user name>\.swinfo
  In XP I found this at c:\documents and settings\<my user name>\.swinfo

You will need "show hidden files" enabled in Windows' "Folder Options" in order to see the file.

However it seems to me better to run `get_iplayer --rtmptvopt="--swfAge=0"` (as you suggest in the message you posted earlier today) and not have to bother looking.

aB.