Sending patches

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jan 5 04:57:59 EST 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 09:50 +0000, Robin Bowes wrote:
> Did you consider hosting on github? It makes it trivial to clone a
> tree and merge changes between trees.

I don't particularly want to use third party services for my own
hosting, but I don't think that stops *you* from using github.

You can clone a repo that isn't on github, surely? And I can certainly
then pull your changes.

And if you make a habit of submitting useful changes that don't need
post-processing, then I'll probably just give you an account on
git.infradead.org with direct access.

That's all a little bit outside the scope of the instructions I sent
though; I figure if you have sufficient clue to be using git for
yourself as a matter of course, then you probably didn't need to bother
reading those.

--
dwmw2