MP3 won't play

Christopher Woods (CustomMade) christopher at custommade.org.uk
Wed Feb 23 08:21:08 EST 2011

When I downloaded some files from the World Service iPlayer radio pages on
Monday, both files came down as low bitrate AAC+ files (AAC HE with SBR). If
your Winamp install doesn't have a compatible AAC+ decoder installed you'll
need to upgrade it.

No idea what WebPVR Manager is doing to the files (if anything); it may be
expecting MP3 files from get_iplayer - which it will create if you use no
commandline switches whatsoever - but bear in mind WS material is AAC+ by
default as their ingestion process into the iPlayer system differs from the
main domestic content.

VLC and Foobar2000 can play AAC+ files out of the box.