Radio now aac rather than mp3

Christopher Woods (CustomMade) christopher at custommade.org.uk
Sun Feb 20 18:12:14 EST 2011

> Thanks for the swift reply, much appreciated. I now have the
> .flv file, here is the output:

Using --raw (as I suggested, and you used) will not transcode the original
AAC audio to MP3 and using --raw will keep the audio in its origianl .FLV
wrapper as you've observed. You can remove --raw if you wish and use --force
to redownload the file and have it automatically transcoded, but there's a
definitely audible loss of quality done during the AAC -> MP3 transcode so I
don't do it.

I use the free "FLVExtract" - just drag and drop FLV files onto it once open
- and it automatically parses and extracts the .aac files, saving them to
the same dir as the source FLVs. For H.264/AAC video files I tend to leave
those as FLV as I had problems remuxing to .MP4 and retaining the correct
soundtrack and having them seekable, but Media Player Classic has no
problems opening those files.