SWF Verification error on reinstallation

philpullen at tiscali.co.uk philpullen at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 12:37:59 EST 2011

I had to uninstall an old version of get_iplayer (2.76, I think) and have
reinstalled version 2.79 using the Windows Installer onto Windows XP.

However,
no matter what I try to download, either TV or Radio, I get the following error
message:-

WARNING: Your version of flvstreamer/RTMPDUMP does not support SWF
Verification
WARNING: flvstreamer/RTMPDUMP 1.8 or later is required - please
upgrade

Looking at the forums I have tried replacing RTMPDUMP 2.2 with 2.3
with no effect.  I have also tried deleting the .SWFINFO file in my User
folder.  Nothing seems to work.  I presume there is a remnant of the old 2.76
install somewhere on my system which is fouling it up, but can't say for sure.

I have done a fresh reinstall with everything how the installer leaves it and
am hoping someone will have a solution that I can apply.

Many thanks in
advance.

Phil P