Problem with search

Chris Davies chris at roaima.co.uk
Thu Feb 3 17:16:04 EST 2011

On 03/02/2011 22:08, John Skilleter wrote:
> I'm trying to download the Radio 4 Book of the Week 'Periodic Tales'
> using get_iplayer.

> But, if I try and narrow the search down using any of the following then
> it finds no matches:
>
> get_iplayer --type radio "Book of the Week - Periodic Tales"
> get_iplayer --type radio "Periodic Tales"
> get_iplayer --type radio "Book of the Week - "
>
> As far as I can tell the search is terminated by a '-' in the programme
> name.

That's correct. The presentation is "name - episode", so to search for
"Periodic Tales" you need to search the episode instead of (or as well
as) the programme name. The --long option is a quick way of specifying
this (but see --fields for the detail):

get-iplayer --type radio --long 'Periodic Tales'

Chris