Wot no tags?

Arthur Dent misc.lists at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Aug 27 12:08:19 EDT 2011

I love get_iplayer. My usage of it has, however, evolved over time. To
begin with I just used the command line on my FedoraXX box (I am now
running Fedora15, but I can't remember which version I was running when
I first stated using get_iplayer); then I discovered the PVR and now
have a sizeable collection of entries for both TV and Radio. That all
works brilliantly.

Typically I listen to/watch the items on my desktop PC. Recently however
I have had to spend more time away from my desk (either through work or
holiday) and I have wanted to take some stuff with me on my iPhone.

I have realised that the standard get_iplayer download produces an M4A
file (which is fine) with no idv3 tags. This is no good for iTunes.

This is an example of my PVR entries:
pvrsearch = Clue
	search0 = Haven't a Clue
	type = radio

It seems that I only get tags if I use the aactomp3 option (is that
right?) even though I don't necessarily need or want an mp3 output.

Also I want to have these programmes in iTunes as podcasts, not as music
files.

Looking at --long-help, I saw the option "--tag-podcast" which seemed to
be just what I wanted. This does not seem to work for me however.

Looking at this google-find:
http://markbowers.org/home/itunes-podcast-fix#comment-5056
it seems that iTunes needs ITUNESPODCAST ITUNESPODCASTDESC
ITUNESPODCASTID ITUNESPODCASTURL and RELEASETIME extended tags, but I
have tried manually adding these with puddletag (a linux clone of
mp3tag) without success (so far).

My questions:
1) What option(s) should I use in my pvr command to get a tagged
download?
2) Can this be suitably tagged to be an iTunes podcast?
3) What do other people do?

Thanks in advance...

Mark