Get Iplayer for Windows

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Sat Aug 13 08:22:27 EDT 2011

On 8 August 2011 11:47, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
On Sun, 2011-08-07 at 21:38 +0100, dinkypumpkin wrote:
> On 04/08/2011 20:21, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > I would love for someone to step forward and maintain the Windows stuff.
>
> I won't volunteer to take over permanently because - like David - I
> don't use Windows much and prefer to keep it that way.  However, I may
> be able to provide a bit of short-term help.

I started to look at building a fresh install package for Windows, and
started down the road of building the dependencies for windows first,
hence the new build of AtomicParsley.

The thing I was scratching my head about and wondering how best to
solve was the eternal problem of updating things for windows.  For
Ubuntu, it's easy - I just maintain a package archive and it just
works.  for windows I contemplated building something separate to do
the updates, but then I changed jobs and started to work for a living
and ran out of time.

I'm happy to help maintain the windows version (though I don't use
get_iplayer on windows either), but can't commit a great deal of time
to it.  It might be better if I commit to maintain windows builds of
AtomicParsley (not that it's very hard...).  Platforms I *am*
interested in maintaining are ubuntu and the d-link dns-323 NAS.

Jon